- Fairhurst, M., Travers, E., Hayward, V., & Deroy, O. (In Press).
Confidence is higher in touch than in vision in cases of perceptual ambiguity.
- Travers, E., Frith, C. D., & Shea, N. (2017).
Learning Rapidly about the Relevance of Visual Cues Requires Conscious Awareness.
The Quarterly Journal of Experimental Psychology, 71(8), 1698-1713.
- Feeney, A., Travers, E., O’Connor, E., Beck, S. R., & McCormack, T. (2017).
Knowing when to hold ‘em: regret and the relation between missed
opportunities and risk taking in children, adolescents and adults.
Cognition and emotion, 1-8.
- Travers, E., Feeney, A., & Rolison, J. (2016).
The Time Course of Conflict on the Cognitive Reflection Test.
- Travers, E., Rolison, J., & Feeney, A. (2017).
The temporal dynamics of base rate neglect: People may not be intuitive statisticians after all.
In Granger, R., Hahn, U., & Sutton, R. (Eds.),
Proceedings of the 39th Annual Conference of the Cognitive Science Society.
- Travers, E., Rolison, J., Bright, A. & Feeney, A. (2015).
Relations between Associative and Structured Knowledge in Category-based Induction.
In G. Airenti, B. G. Bara & G. Sandini (Eds.),
Proceedings of the EuroAsianPacific Joint Conference on Cognitive Science.
- Travers, E. & Feeney, A. (2013).
Diverse Evidence for Dissociable Processes in Inductive Reasoning.
In M. Knauff, M. Pauen, N. Sebanz & I. Wachsmuth (Eds.),
Proceedings of the 35th Annual Conference of the Cognitive Science Society.
Travers, E. (2016).
The Dynamics of Conflict in Reasoning.
Queen’s University Belfast, UK.
- The Spark of Life
(with Antonio Cataldo)
Shocking hands-on demonstrations of how electrical impulses bring the body to life.
Part of Living Literature’s Living Frankenstein. May 2018.
Explore how self-images and other marks we leave in the world change who we are and how we feel.
Tate Exchange, Tate Modern, London. March 2018.
- Sensory Experiments in the Belle Époque (with Barry Smith)
Part of Living Literature’s Living Proust. May 2017.
Could appreciating art have more in common with savouring a cup of coffee than you thought?
Tate Exchange, Tate Modern, London. April 2017.
- What does Consciousness Do for Us?
Cheltenham Science Festival, 2016.
- Belfast Science Cafe.
A series of popular science lectures in informal settings.